maanantai 1. heinäkuuta 2013

I'm a project leader of XTIDE Universal BIOS, a BIOS expansion to use large modern hard drives, CF cards and micro drives on old PC systems starting from original IBM 5150. But this blog is not just about XTIDE Universal BIOS, although I plan to write about it from time to time.

I'm a collector of sort. I don't want to own every piece of PC hardware ever released or fill my home with computers I don't have time to use (well, I don't really have time to use those I already have...). I aim to build “best” possible XT, 286, 386 and 486 systems for retro gaming purposes, or more properly DOS gaming purposes. That is the reason why building Pentium system is not so interesting.

Building perfect retro PC is actually impossible as there are no such thing as best components to build best possible system. There is no such thing as best sound card or even best Sound Blaster. For example my 486 system has three internal sound cards but it is still a compromise solution. And for my 286 I've tested many different VGA adapters but I'm sure there are even betters out there. I'm going to write about those and many other things eventually.

I hope my blog will be useful for other collectors and retro PC gamers such as myself.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti